The Sherman Historical Society was founded in 1975 with
- To bring together people interested in the town's history.
- To collect and preserve objects which help to establish or illustrate
- To acquire and manage any property available to the Society.
- To interest young people in their town's heritage
- To publish historical information, and to maintain a library of
Tractors, Plows & Farm Fun, Oh My!
Farm Life in Sherman Exhibit
But wait! It’s not just an exhibit! Come October 11th, the Society barn and grounds will be transformed to show how the people of Sherman, which was once a farming community, worked the land and lived their day to day lives.
There will be hands-on fun, active interpreters and crafters, and, we hope, a beautiful fall day for the whole family to enjoy the Society’s grounds.
Hours are 11am - 3pm. Stay tuned for more details, check the SHS Website for Farm Day updates.
Other Upcoming Events!
will be held on September 21st, 2pm, location TBA. Curator Gloria Thorne will speak on our own history: “This Is Your Life, SHS.”
will once again see the Society booth at The Sherman School for an evening of fun and some scary thrills.
THE HOLIDAY PREVIEW PARTY
at The Old Store for members will take place on November 8th, 4-7pm. This annual Wine and Cheese party is an occasion!
Shop the always-fabulous array of merchandise, party and enjoy with friends.